A community offers strength and support. It creates a deeper sense of belonging. A community makes life better.
At Medallion Group Insurance, we are committed to the safety of First Responders and honour your efforts to engage and educate the communities you serve.
Every May, we celebrate you and look to invest in projects that foster safe, inclusive, resilient and sustainable communities. From May 1st to June 16th 2023, all Ontario First Responders were invited to apply for the chance to receive funding for your organization.
Medallion is proud to participate in First Responder projects across the province. Prior Community Giveaway recipients include:
- Nishnawbe Aski Police Service
- Victim Services of Nippising District: Trauma Support K9 Program
- Zorra Fire & Emergency Services
- Norfolk County Paramedic Services
- Peel Regional Police
We’d love to add your community project, equipment need, outreach program or sponsorship request to this list!
Communities Supported So Far:
- Norfolk County
- Parry Sound
- Peel Region
- Nishnawbe Aski First Nation
- Hamilton Region
- Zorra Township
- Niagara Region
Who Can Apply:
Fire departments, law enforcement organizations, EMS services, emergency medical, search & rescue operations, emergency managers, conservation officers, correctional services, First Responder organizations & associations including volunteer, veteran and retiree groups.
How to Apply:
1. Simply complete the application form found below
2. Tell us your story. Photographs, images and attachments are always helpful for the selection committee and can be uploaded in your application form
When to Apply:
CONTEST NOW CLOSED
Applications for the 2023 Community Giveaway were accepted from May 1st to June 16th, 2023
- This contest is open to all First Responders who live and serve in Ontario
- Only one submission per person will be accepted
- No purchase necessary
- You do not need to be a Member of Medallion Group Insurance to enter
- Funding recipients will be chosen by an internal selection committee and announced following the June 16th application deadline
- Multiple funding levels are available, to a maximum of $6,000
- Secondary opportunities to win are also available. Every submission will be automatically included in random draws from May 1 – June 16 that can benefit your community through a $100 donation to a cause or charity of your choice
- For any questions or inquiries, please contact Sarah Heiser, Director of Group Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-339-9935